The Laurels, Llanrwst Road, Upper Colwyn Bay.
The Laurels was completed in 2015. The development of six homes, four accessed from Llanrwst Road and two from Copthrone Road, was the recipient of the following awards:
- NHBC Pride in the Job Award
- NHBC Seal of Excellence
- LABC Best Individual Home
This private gated development of just four outstanding properties — already a recipient of an NHBC Pride in the Job Award – is situated in the highly desirable area of Upper Colwyn Bay. Situated above the town, yet within just minutes drive of the A55 express way. Colwyn Bay provides excellent schools and local shopping facilities and main line railway station for London, Manchester, Chester, Liverpool and Cardiff.
Upper Colwyn Bay itself provides a good, yet small assortment of shopping facilities, ‘gastro ‘pub, community centre, primary school and play group. Within 5 minutes walk of the development, are some lovely countryside areas, popular with all local residents, providing some breathtaking views.
The development follows on from our previous, similar development at Tan y Berllan in Deganwy which won the LABC Excellence award for the Best Small Development in Wales and finished in the UK top ten. However, since then technology for the home has advanced greatly and our latest development has been filled with even more updated technology and extras, making these homes on ‘The Laurels’ development our most luxurious yet! However, with our properties, it’s not just about the gadgets, but about giving the homes that WOW! Factor as people walk in, whilst retaining a traditional elegance and timelessness.
With sustainability being so important in modern building, we have always kept ahead of the market in renewable energies, thus both properties afford the luxuries of air source heating (a renewable energy technology which greatly reduces the cost of heating the home by using warm air from outside to heat the underfloor heating and hot water systems), a rainwater harvesting system, (to collect rainwater into a tank under the garden to use for flushing toilets and watering the garden, reducing water bills by up to 30 per cent). These features along with modern insulation and double glazing, not only has a low environmental impact, but also holds its warmth, yet still retains character.
Other features in the properties include:-
• integral vacuum system
• cat 5 cabling for high speed intemet and other devices, without having to rely solely on wireless connections.
• integrated media centres (allowing you to pick up virtually any tune imaginable from the intenet to play directly into ceiling recessed speakers).
•bathrooms and en suites, (to include a steam room to main bathroom, with granite seating area).
• luxurious bathrooms and en suites, (to include a steam room to main bathroom, with granite seating area).
• Outstanding kitchens leading to an open plan family area with orangery. With granite counter tops and excellent quality appliances, (including induction hob, ovens, microwave and American fridge freezer) these kitchens are designed to give an ambient flow to the room. enabling the cook in the family to face the social area of the home and be part of the general atmosphere, without feeling isolated when working in the kitchen!
• Karndean flooring to the hall and family room areas and tiling to the kitchen and orangery and bathroom areas.
Plot 5 affords:- Outstanding open hall with spacious living / library area, with beautiful fireplace and feature wall and feature Karndean floor in a parquet effect leading to the
Lounge:- With double half glazed doors, this traditional and comfortable room features an Optimist fire set in a stone fireplace, deep bay window and two smaller windows either side of the fireplace, giving lots of light.
Kitchen/ family room and orangery:-
This fantastic open space really is the heart of this superb property, with a great ambience, plenty of light and laid out with great thought and attention to detail and incorporating many wonderful features.
The highlight of this fantastic open space are the two large bi-fold doors, which when both open literally make the patio area and garden a part of the home and a great area for barbecues and parties on a warm summer day! This area also provides speakers recessed into the ceiling, so that your favourite tunes can be played all day!
A beautiful staircase with large lead light feature window on the half landing leads to the upstairs of the property offering four good sized bedrooms.
The master suite has its own lounge/ study area with feature ‘lead light’ window, leading to a dressing room with lots of hanging space and shelving and a large en- suite bathroom with corner Jacuzzi style bath with feature lighting and large double sized separate shower, half tiling. Steps down from this area lead to the large master bedroom with outstanding feature arch window and recessed ceiling speakers.
Bedroom two is a large bedroom overlooking the front of the property, with beautiful gloss fitted wardrobes with oak surround, with beautiful bay window.
Bedroom three and four both overlook the garden of the property. Bedroom three affords an en suite shower room with granite counter tops and half tiling.
Bedroom 4 has a walk in wardrobe with shelving and hanging space. There is a loft area reached by a drop down ladder with trussed roof and skylight windows and fully boarded out, which could offer further good sized bedrooms at a later date.
With a large garage with electric up and over door, this property stands at 3,267 sq ft (including garage) and comes complete with all carpets, bespoke hand made curtains — and luxury lighting throughout.
Find out more about the plots:
Following on from the highly acclaimed gated development in Tan Y Berllan, Deganwy (which was awarded “Best small development in Wales” and was a top 10 finalist in the UK, for the LABC Excellence Awards), Harvey Homes is delighted to announce the release of it’s next development at “The Laurels”, off Llanrwst Road, Upper Colwyn Bay, close to good schools, restaurants and communication links and a short drive to the Snowdonia National Park. This private gated development will afford just five exclusive properties, built to exceptional standards, with such luxuries as natural stone / wooden flooring to kitchens and reception halls, outstanding kitchens with granite work counters, designed and fitted by Harvey Kitchens to give a “heart of the home feel”, integral vacuum systems as standard, cabling to enable smart home multi entertainment systems including home cinema, luxurious family bathrooms and en-suites. The company, ever mindful of running costs of its properties and sustainability, also fit air source heating and rainwater harvesting systems to the properties, keeping running costs lower.
The Harvey Homes team works very closely together to offer the client a light, warm and ambient flow to their new home and for those clients in a position to commit to a property at an early stage, the company will work closely with the client to incorporate their wishes on Kitchens, Bathrooms, Tiles and Colours, to create their perfect home.
Standard specification to all houses include:-
- Coloured uPVC windows
- Colour matched electric roller garage doors
- Colour matched uPVC fascia / barge boards (maintenance free)
- Indian stone paving to paths and patios
- Block paved drives
- Turfed front gardens; seeded rear gardens
- Air source heating system, with under floor heating to ground floor (radiators 1st floor
- Hard wood stair case
- Hard wood veneer internal doors
- Granite work surfaces to Kitchen & Bathrooms
- Steam enclosure to main Bathroom
- Rain water harvesting tanks, feeding toilets and outside taps
- Natural stone tiling or hard wood veneer flooring to all ground floor rooms except Lounge
- Tiling to all 1st floor Bathrooms
- Electric under floor heating to main Bathroom and 1 en-suite
- Multi media cable system (1st fix)
- Fully shelved Dressing Rooms (where shown)